Technology Features You Should Look For in Your Next Car
There was a time when buyers looking for a new car only had to pay attention to what was under the hood. Today’s vehicles, however, have become more sophisticated and include a wide range of tech and convenience features that make the driver’s life much easier. We know adding all these features to the checklist can make the buying process more complex and exhausting. To simplify the work, at Albany CDJR we have complied a list with some of the best technology features you should look for in your next car. Scroll through the rest of this blog to see some truly amazing automotive technologies.
- Head-up display. This technology projects vital information directly on the driver’s line of vision. The windshield works as a giant screen, and a projector embedded in the dashboard sends a transparent image onto it. Some relevant data displayed include engine speed, navigation information, gear position and speed limit.
- Blindspot monitoring. A sensor device monitors what is alongside and behind the vehicle, alerting the driver if it detects another vehicle approaching the blind spot area.
- Adaptative cruise control. This intelligent system uses a radar sensor to track the vehicles ahead and adjust the speed accordingly. The driver sets the maximum speed and the system slows down and speeds up automatically to maintain a safe distance with the car in front. This technology is ideal for driving during the rush hour and will considerably reduce your fatigue.
- Automatic emergency braking. This system alerts the driver before an imminent collision and, if no action is taken, the system automatically applies the brakes to avoid an impact or reduce its severity.
- Bluetooth connectivity and smartphone integration. Products like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connect your smartphone to the car through Bluetooth connection. This way you can make a call, listen to music or use satellite navigation completely hands-free.
- Parking cameras and sensors. Parking has become a much easier task thanks to the cameras and ultrasonic sensors that come in today’s vehicles. Some models even offer 360-degree cameras, placed on every side of the car to show a virtual image of the surroundings.
- Power liftgate. This feature is especially convenient when you need to access the cargo area and your hands are full. The liftgate automatically opens and closes when approaching the vehicle with the key fob in range. On select vehicles, you can open the liftgate by waving the foot below the bumper.
- Remote start. A remote start key gives your vehicle extra time to preheat or cool before you get inside. You can start the car from the commodity of your home and wait there until it comes up to temperature.
Models like 2020 Ram 1500 or 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid come equipped with all the technology features you need to drive peacefully. If you are interested in a new vehicle, contact us at Albany CDJR and our friendly staff will be happy to help you. You can also browse through our in-stock inventory to see what models we have available.